PhD in Education, University of Rochester
Policy Communication: Social media in policy communication / The effect of using social media in governments; Public policy and social media/ How does social media influence policy/ The role of social media in policy process and formulation. Education for Development: Policy formation in technical and vocational education training (TVET) with governments/ pre-service teacher training programs, in-service teacher professional development programs, curriculum development, and assessments framework
Dr. Lisa Lim
Graduate School of Public Policy
Room 4.005 Nazarbayev University
53 Kabanbay batyr Avenue
Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan 010000
Telephone: +7 7172 70 90 52
Dr. Lisa Lim is an Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of Public Policy (Nazarbayev University). She has a PhD degree in Education from the University of Rochester, USA. Prior to joining the GSPP, she held a Visiting Professor position at the KDI School of Public Policy and Management in South Korea. Her teaching experience includes Principles of Strategic Communication, Communicating Through Social Media, Writing for Policy Audiences, Creating & Delivering Policy Presentations, and Youth Leaders Policy Communication.
As an international consultant, she has more than 15 years of experience in communicating and participating in policy processes with numerous government agencies and international development organizations such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), USAID, JICA, and KOICA, in South Asia, Africa, and Southeast Asia contexts. Her policy communication experience also involved writing reports and delivering presentations to consulting firms, government agencies, think tanks, and advocacy groups; and policy recommendations for various education programs in low and middle-income countries.
- Lim, L (2016). Asian Leadership. ADB & Leadership Education Programs
- Lim, L. (2016). Senior Secondary Education Policy for Mongolia. ADB & Mongolia Ministry of Education.
- Lim, L. & Paik, S. (2015). Vocational Education and Training (VET). K-Developedia (2015). VET Teacher Education Policy in South Korea. K-Developedia
- Lim, L. (2014). Technology in Education. Sociology in Education. Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- Lim, L. (2013). Auto-ethnographic Reflection of English Language Learner in the U.S. Rethink