2018 GSPP CONFERENCE ON CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION IN POST-SOVIET EURASIA
5 – 6 OCTOBER 2018
Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Public Policy and Astana Civil Service Hub invite to take part in the 2018 GSPP Conference on Contemporary Issues in Public Administration in post-Soviet Eurasia.
Paper proposal deadline: 8th August 2018
Nazarbayev University’s Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) and the Astana Civil Service Hub will host a two-day event with panel sessions, keynote speakers, and a sightseeing tour of Astana City, Kazakhstan. This event is designed to provide attendees with opportunities to disseminate their research on public administration in post-Soviet Eurasia, network with scholars and practitioners, and provide a platform for PhD students to present their work.
Panel sessions on the following themes within Post-Soviet Eurasia:
- Public Management
- Civil Service Reforms in the region: lessons learned
- Interdisciplinary aspects of Public Administration (Security, Energy Policy, Public Economics, Politics)
- Teaching Public Administration/Policy
- Interaction: Civil Service, Business and Civil Society
A limited number of travel expenditures will be covered by organizers to attend the conference.
The best papers will be recommended for publishing in the International Journal of Civil Service Reform and Practice published by the Astana Civil Service Hub.
- Submission of paper proposal (400 words) in English, stating of you wish to be considered for a travel grant: 8th August 2018
- Notification of results: 15th August 2018
- Registration deadline 15th September 2018
- Full paper submission: 15th September 2018
- Conference: 5th-6th October 2018
REQUIREMENTS TO THE DESIGN OF ARTICLES:
- Font – Times New Roman 12
- Double-spaced, margins on all sides – 2 cm
- The volume of an article from 6000 up to 10,000 words
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE:
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
Researchers, practitioners and PhD students interested in studying contemporary issues in public administration in post-soviet Eurasia with experience of applying improvement in other countries are encouraged to take part in the conference.
FINANCIAL COSTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE:
Participants independently cover the costs of participation (transportation, accommodation) in the conference, with the exception of those who received financial support.
The Organizing Committee of the Conference will make decisions on reimbursement of transportation expenses for a limited number of participants following the consideration of the submitted abstracts (400 words in English).
LIST OF RECOMMENDED HOTELS AND CONTACTS:
- Wyndham Garden Astana, +7 7172 79-00-00
- Park Inn by Radisson Astana, +7 7172 670000
- Hilton Garden Inn Astana, +7 7172 75 6700
- Hotel ibis Astana, +7 7172 708200
- Beijing Palace Soluxe Hotel Astana, +7 7172 70 15 15
- Best Western Plus Astana, +7 7172 27 7999
- Astana Marriott Hotel, +7 7172 62 07 70
Participants can also apply for accommodation at the Nazarbayev University campus. For booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
VISA TO KAZAKHSTAN
Under this link you can check if you need a visa for staying in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Please also read the information on the pages below, where you can find information about:
- Interchangeability of Embassies and Consulates of the RK
- Visa regime of the Republic of Kazakhstan for foreign citizens
- The rates of consular fees
To apply for visa support, please contact email@example.com at least 1 month before your arrival date.
Submit your abstracts and papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register via link – Register
Astana, Kazakhstan: 5th-6th October 2018