Nazarbayev University has become a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN SDSN) since 2020 to improve research and educational activities on Sustainable Development Goals in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
As an SDSN Member, NU aims to accelerate joint learning and promote integrated approaches that address the interconnected economic, social, and environmental challenges confronting sustainability and SDGs in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
The focus of Nazarbayev University through SDSN is to:
- promote practical solutions for the development of long-term sustainable pathways in Kazakhstan
- support high-quality education and research collaboration on SDGs in Kazakhstan
- suggest applied research and policy initiatives for better addressing the challenges of sustainable development in Kazakhstan
- Corporate Sustainability and Natural Resources (SDG 7, 8, 9, 12)
- Sustainable Land Use Resources and Food Systems (SDG 1, 9, 13, 15)
- Environmental Conservation and Biodiversity (SDG 13, 14, 15)
- Water Security with focus on Caspian Sea (SDG 6, 14, 17)
- Sustainable Development Education in the Tertiary Sector (SDG 4, 10)
SDSN NU Project Managers: